MIT-Brazil and the Lemann Foundation are offering two different fellowship opportunities.
Please select accordingly:
Lemann Education Fellowships *Now Open*:
- Fellowship for students admitted to a graduate program, including Master, MBA, or Ph.D. Program at MIT. Selected fellows are able to articulate their commitment to improving public education in Brazil.
- Length: multiple years (masters are normally 2-year programs); 1 year, possibly renewed for a second year (the applicant needs to submit a new application each year, as decisions depend on the performance and are not immediately renewed)
- Prerequisite: Applicant needs to have been admitted to a degree program at MIT
Application deadline: April 1, 2020
- Admission Decision: Early April, 2020
- Fellowship period starts on September 2020
For more details on each Fellowship, please visit https://misti-brazil.mit.edu/lemann-fellowships-mit
Lemann Visiting Fellows of Practice *Closed":
- Fellowship for education practitioners in Brazil;
- Length: 3 or 6 months at MIT
- Pre-requisites: eight years of work experience; acceptance letter from an MIT faculty
Application deadline: December 17, 2019
- Interviews: December - Jan / dates tbd (selected applicants will be contacted to set up a time for an interview in English)
- Admission Decision: Early January
- MIT Internal processes and visa required paperwork: Jan/ March 2020
- Fellow’s visa application at United States Consulates/ Embassy in Brazil: Feb/April 2020
- Fellowship period: it will depend on the visa being ready. Selected fellows should plan on starting in April 2020 or later.